Monday, April 26, 2010

Little crumbs

I have a wise friend who knows just the right thing to say - to encourage my faith and to nudge me forward with confidence. Remarkable how God uses her in my life and in the lives of so many. And in the midst of it all, she marvels at God's goodness in touching our lives...such humility!
Well, we were talking today and i was frustrated with my increased limitations lately and how it made things seem more challenging than usual. I have so much desire to serve God and felt hindered by his choice to keep me 'sidelined' right now. Then she said some remarkable things. get this! God asks us to use the energy and gifts HE first gives us...maybe not the ones that we prefer, but he does not stop using us just because we are having a rough time. So if he gives me less energy, then i can only give back to him what i have! Then she pointed out that he is using other gifts in me right now - ones that i don't usually use as much. HUH! i hadn't thought of that, but i understood that it was true.
Don't the most profound things often sound real obvious?
(except to ourselves!haha)
Just like when Jesus went to feed the 5000 - he turned to the disciples and wanted them to feed the people. They were dumbfounded at the cost, the difficulty of locating food way out where they were...and stood there. Then Jesus said, "give me what you have."
See?
So if you are giving what you have, living your passion for him fully and obediently, then there really isn't such a thing as not being usable!! how cool!
So when things don't go as planned, and we ALL have that...remember, give him what you have.
And in God's baffling economy, that will be enough.

No comments: