Thursday, April 1, 2010

not another blog!!!

Hello my friends!!
So yes, i decided that Facebook was not quite enough room for my 'writing' lifestyle and thus, here we are.
I'm excited to share poems- some that i've written, others not- as well as funny tidbits from my life and the swirl of life around me. There's always something happening that makes me think, "hm, i should write this down somewhere." Yes, i keep a quotebook- like certain offspring of mine also do. It seems, at times, that the oddest things are caught- whether by modeling them or by pure, shameless genetics!
It is the days before the Easter weekend and I'm looking forward to the renewal this season always causes in me. Maybe i just stop the rush of life long enough to reflect on where I am in life - midway, yikes- and start to think about what is worthwhile to use my time for- and alas, also what is not. At this point, it is not an issue of 'bad' things that i need to let go of, but rather of many good options--of which only a very few are BEST for me to focus on. But we each make those choices daily - so this is common to all of us.
Having enjoyed some 40 plus Easters, I am always amazed how they can seem new each year. But with God everything "is being made new" and in his infinite renewal of life, i am caught up in it.
Now to plan the table for our Easter dinner - i chose bright yellow with some soft green accents- to me those are the colours of renewal, of spring, of fresh beginnings. And with the salvation won on the cross, we live as people of that renewal- of the ongoing redemption that God is working in this world- one wee heart at at time.
i rather like that.
Happy Easter, everyone!
D

No comments: