Thursday, April 19, 2012

Motives- those dastardly little brats

Subtle and easily ignored.
self-deceit and justification
muddy these waters in me
and i am a stranger to myself.
i am not motivated by noble themes
very often but rather by
self-protection, self satisfaction, pleasure and ease
self-will and competition with others.
i am the king on the throne
an dit is most unpleasant to face head on.
oh, i mouth the words of surrender and self-denial
and i mean them....mostly...
until they translate into my schedule
and involve an inconvenience or deferral
of my desires and wishes.
Father, please go to the dry rot in my soul
and make it new.
there is no self-flagellation or
firm resolve to improve that will
reach this pernicious dry rot!
I know how keenly i desire to instead cover it over
and to stop looking at it.
i can only ask you...
"Change my heart, Oh GOd
make it ever new
change my heart Oh God
May I be like You."

No comments: